How do I control the notifications that I see and hear?
Users cannot prevent Lights from turning On or Off.
This is the ground rule for BlueNote Lights, and is what makes team collaboration possible.
Because Lights are universal for all computers using BlueNote on the network, end users do not have control over whether or not a light changes from grey ("Off") on the Light Panel to green ("On"). Notice how the same Light is turned On simultaneously at each user's panel in this video illustration:
End users do have control of their popups and tones.
It's important for each computer to get the right information at the right time.
Each user can disable the tone or popup that appears on their computer that is associated with each light. These supplemental alerts are called Notifications, and are disabled in the Alert Manager. To access the Alert Manager, choose Menu > Notifications > Alert Manager. You cannot turn off sounds or popups related to internal BlueNotes within a given Light. Instead, the user decides whether or not the entire Light is one that should interrupt their computer via sound notification and/or visual notification.
When BlueNote is first installed, each client's tones and popups will all be enabled, or turned On, as indicated by green beside each Light in the Alert Manager. These alerts can be individually toggled Off, as seen in the video clip below:
When the BlueNote main light panel is minimized or obscured by other windows, users will find that they will begin relying on popups each time a Light is used/turned on.
A corresponding popup will appear with the entire information about that event. To dismiss the popup without turning the light off, click on the X. To clear the Light and mark the task/event complete, either click into the light to turn it off, or click the down-arrow and choose Clear Light.
In your Menu, under Preferences, then Popups, you will find all of the customization settings needed to make sure that your popups are doing exactly what you want them to do. The image below displays all of the default settings.
• Popups can be set for a precise amount of time to clear on their own accord. The timer can be adjusted down to as little as one minute or as much as eight hours.
• Choose the Popup Size, with the ability to Test each size.
• Popups will change colors based on three parameters. You have the option to choose why your popups change color with the dropdown menu.
• Normally you will not see your own popup alert when you turn a light on, since you are not alerting yourself that a Light is now active. Check the option "Show Popup Alert when activating a light from this computer" to show popup alerts on this computer.
• If you hit the X and do not want the popup to reappear, un-check the option "Popup Alert will reappear when a light changes ageing color even if previously cleared."
The default location for all popups is going to be the lower-right hand corner of the primary monitor. You may be able to move the popups to a different monitor location. Only Light popups can be moved.
To move a popup, locate the grey bar of an active Light popup, then grab the bar to drag the popup to a new location. Click on the black arrow and select "Save Popup Location" from the drop-down menu. Refresh the Light to test the new popup location. All subsequent popups will begin to stack above the new popup location, including Conversation popups. Note that Conversation popups cannot be moved directly.
If you do not have an active popup, you can choose Menu > Preferences > Popups and click the 'Test Popup' button to create a test popup that can be moved and saved to a new monitor location.
Besides turning off select Tones in the Alert Manager as mentioned previously, each user also has sound control within BlueNote. Choose Menu, then Preferences. Look for the Sound tab to view and change the options you see below.